The Old Harrovian Lodge was founded in 1924 as a Lodge of Freemasons especially for Old Harrovians, Governors and Masters of the School. We meet three times a year, once at the School in June and twice at the Butchers Hall in Smithfield, dining afterwards and ending with a session of Songs.
All members of the Harrow Association aged twenty-one or over are eligible for membership of the Lodge. We currently number about seventy members spread across a well-balanced mix of ages.
We are a member of the Public School Lodges Council, an active body uniting socially with the other public schools which culminates in an annual festival in the summer.
We operate under the jurisdiction of the Metropolitan Grand Lodge of London. Our current Master, Christopher Oldham (Elmfield 19473), was installed in November 2009.
Charity is a fundamental aim in Freemasonry. We support a number of organisations including the Harrow Club and continue to help Harrow families with financial assistance to maintain independence, the education of their children and with long-term residential care.
To find out more about joining the Lodge as well as more about what is involved in Freemasonry contact Edward Harford (The Park 19613).